I am familiar with PowerPoint and find that it is an effective tool to set up presentations. I believe I will implement this tool frequently during my lessons as it allows me to organise and present information in a neat order. I also will be using PowerPoint as an interactive testing tool. A test can be created that has answers that are hyperlinked to either a pop up screen that allows you to move onto the next question or a screen that will prompt you of your incorrect answer to the question.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
PowerPoint
I am familiar with PowerPoint and find that it is an effective tool to set up presentations. I believe I will implement this tool frequently during my lessons as it allows me to organise and present information in a neat order. I also will be using PowerPoint as an interactive testing tool. A test can be created that has answers that are hyperlinked to either a pop up screen that allows you to move onto the next question or a screen that will prompt you of your incorrect answer to the question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeletePowerPoint’s are good for presentations and I have found through this course that interactive PowerPoint’s are even more engaging and can help embed learning as well.
Interestingly enough, a study by Levasseur and Sawyer (2006, p. 114) found 'there is no clear difference in learning, between PowerPoint’s with mainly text and those with color, audio and video'.
While time consuming to create, I have also found that I can use a similar format to make more PowerPoint’s saving time in the long run.
Do you find making PowerPoint’s time consuming?
Kind regards,
From Paul S.
Reference List
Levasseur, D. G., & Sawyer, J. K. (2006).
Pedagogy Meets PowerPoint: A Research
Review of the Effects of Computer-
Generated Slides in the Classroom.
Journal of National Communication
Association, 6(1-2), 101-123.